• NPP campaigned on Free SHS for all and is giving free SHS to all. That policy will not change Today and will not change tomorrow.
• The Govt, just like what the Finance Minister said on Citi FM, has always recognized the argument for means testing. But recognizing it does not mean we accepting it as a policy.
• We are happy to be putting money into the pockets of parents to use it on other things of their choice for their families.
• This debate on Free SHS is nothing new
• The point the finance Minister makes is that even though there is merit in that argument, you need to first start the program, develop data before you can even target.
• The Finance Minister said the government’s priority was that all eligible children were receiving secondary education.
• For now, the policy is being implemented. Free SHS is HERE.